Luca Attanasio Journalist, Writer, Teacher
Via Ignazio Persico 6, 00154 Rome, Italy
Phone: +39 3397751996
As a journalist, I collaborate as an expert of geopolitics, Africa and Middle East, forced migrations, conflicts, environmental issues with Vatican Insider (La Stampa) and Atlante (Treccani), social issues and geopolitics with Famiglia Cristiana, as an expert of interreligious and intercultural dialogue for the magazines Jesus and Credere. Specialized in geopolitics, big social issues, I have carried out investigations on forced migrations, displaced people, refugees, asylum seekers, conflicts, great religions, cooperation, human rights and I have been working as a reporter or war areas correspondent from Sub-Saharan Africa, Mena countries, South-East Asia for the above mentioned media and for Vatican Radio (English and Italian channels), Repubblica.it, Limes, Avvenire.
Teacher of Geopolitics in a II Level Master on “Peace Building Management” at the Pontificia Università Teologica San Bonaventura (Seraphicum), and at Università Roma 3, Faculty of Political Sciences.
– Guerra e pace in Irlanda del Nord, Edizioni Associate, Giugno 2001;
– Irlanda del Nord, le parole per conoscere, Editori Riuniti, Aprile 2005
and the article Cristianesimi in conflitto: il caso irlandese, Cristianesimo-Cristianesimi 2010
- Se questa è una donna Robin Edizioni, foreword by Silvia Costa afterword by Laura Boldrini, 2014, a collection of novels on real stories of women victims of torture that got the refugee status in Italy (winner of the Prize Cenacolo del Serafico, November 2012 and the Special Prize, Premio Letterario Nazionale, ‘Scriviamo Insieme’, maggio 2013)
- Il Bagaglio. Migranti minori non accompagnati: il fenomeno in Italia, i numeri, le storie Albeggi Edizioni, an essay on the phenomenon of the unaccompanied minor migrants (first edition Jan 2016; second edition, with foreword by Roberto Saviano, Sept 2018), winner of the prize Rosa dell’Umbria, October 2017.
- Libera Resistenza, Mincione Edizioni, March 2017